– This job will be based in Singapore, with a possibility to travel to Houston, Texas, Kristiansand, Norway, or other international location as required by client.
– Local travel is required.
– Interstate/European Union travel up to one week in duration may be required,
– International travel up to 2 weeks duration may be required. Entrion will arrange for required Visas.
Work hours are based on a 12 hour shift. Entrion requires a minimal work week of 40 hours a week. Monday through Friday is normal work days, but a Surveyor will be required to work through the weekend to provide Vendor Surveillance from time to time.
– Manage and execute vendor management activities to ensure equipment meets quality specifications and is completed on schedule. Liaise as appropriate between drilling and sub-sea equipment manufactures in Europe, North America and shipyards in South Korea and Singapore.
– Represent client by working with vendor managers and scheduling personnel to ensure timely delivery of critical equipment.
– Perform surveys with limited supervision at assigned vendor sites, including international locations. Types of surveys include progress monitoring, FAT, Final Inspection, and Data Book review.
– Work closely with assigned third party inspection personnel to ensure that equipment is in compliance with relevant standard, restrictions, specifications, and delivery schedule.
– Prepare a daily or weekly report as required of surveillance activities.
– Resolve equipment issues/punch items. Ensure that unresolved items are clearly communicated to client.
– Initiate all necessary actions to ensure that the projects are completed on schedule and in accordance with contractual requirements.
– Represent client at all times in a professional manner.
– Complete internal time sheets and expense reports in a timely and correct manner.
– Four year technical/engineering degree and minimum of two years of related experience in manufacture, operation, or maintenance of Drilling or Offshore Equipment, or what the hiring manager deems acceptable
– Ten years related experience in manufacture, operation, or maintenance of Drilling or Offshore Equipment may be used in lieu of a four year degree.
– Certified CWI or ASNT Level II in MP, LP, UT, or RT and five years of experience in Quality used in the manufacture, operation, or maintenance of Drilling or Offshore Equipment may be used in lieu of a four year degree.
– Knowledge of DNV/ABS/Lloyds class requirements and relevant design codes.
– Proficient in Microsoft products: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
– Proficient in English, both oral and written.
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
– Excellent organizational skills
– Additional language skills in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, or Korean is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.